We hope to issue a summary of the news of bats in the world every two weeks.
The good news, lesPhoto contest results for the year of the bat are online. Congratulations to all winners ! More, We have put together a small selection of items:
- Nature in a paper confirming the link between the fungus Geomyces destructans and White Nose Syndrome (“White Nose Syndrome”) [link to the English summary].
- a paper in Nature Communications studying speciation in the smallest mammal in the world, the bumblebee bat (cf. detailed article yesterday about this paper on Chiroblog), [download the PDF],
- a paper on the Natterer of Murine(Myotis nattereri), a complex that would include 4 species in the Western Palearctic ! [link to the English summary]
- a second paper on the species complex of the Murine Natterer which shows the distribution of these new species discovered in France and the possible presence of a species new to science in Corsica [download the PDF],
- a paper on the effect of a highway on the activity and diversity of Chiros [link to the English summary].
That's all for today, soon for a new item on the news of bats !
For the team Chiroblog,
Yann, Meriadeg & Seb
PS : For users of Twitter, RDV sur @ bat_yann, @ @ Henlakebats and SmileyBat chiropractors for more info !