Here are some documents that may be interesting and / or useful to read before visiting sites to wintering bats. These documents are intended for those present on the American continent where this is the WNS. Therefore, the contents of these documents is not always applicable in Europe. These documents are in English.
- Frequently asked questions (document pdf)
- Disinfection protocol (document pdf)
In summary, Here are the precautions to be taken to prevent the dissemination of biological agents (WNS, virus, etc.):
- Boots, shoe soles, gloves and non-metallic utensils: disinfection by immersion in a solution of chlorine 10% (Household bleach, Refer to the manufacturer's). Mud shoes must be removed up before leaving the site,
- Clothing used in the cave: machine wash at 60 ° minimum,
- The return of land, shower (especially for hair washing),
- Avoid visiting several cavities with the same equipment not sanitized, the same unwashed clothes or shoes the same non-disinfected.
Seb & Meriadeg.